A dry eye exam is an in office with the optometrist to assess the extent of your dry eye disease.
What can you expect?
- Questionnaire to assess your subjective symptoms
- Q&A with the optometrist to discuss lifestyle, general health and environmental stress factors
- Tests to evaluate the anatomy of the lid structures involved in ocular lubrication
- Eyedrops to aid assess the quality and quantity of tears on the eye surface
- Manual expression of glands involved in ocular lubrication
A final treatment plan is created to care for areas of poor function in producing a good quantity of quality tears.
What will this look like?
- Heat and massage routine
- Eyelash debridement routine
- Eyelid cleansing routine
- Exposure prevention treatments
- Supplemental lubrication treatments
- Systemic nutrient supplements